What do people mean when they say Dig Deep?
It could mean any of these things
- Becoming specialized and gain deep expertise in a few subjects that are truly interesting to you
- Attacking tough challenges by not giving up easily.
- Having well thought out views on important issues, even if it takes time to develop. Having deep views on a few subjects is better than shallow views on a lot of subjects.
- Creating deeper and meaningful relationships with people that matter. It’s better to have 10 deep relationships than a 100 shallow ones.
- Going beyond the immediate and obvious solution to a problem. By digging deep, you could ensure the same problem doesn’t come back. If it does, that you have devised a clever way to detect and mitigate it before it impacts widely
There are likely other dimensions to it. Happy trails finding those!